Using this as professional development has been great for my team and me -- it's something that's impactful across all of our functions.
Sales, business, and leadership training overemphasizes speaking and persuasion. Rarely do we have the opportunity to focus on how we position ourselves and our company as highly-effective listeners. This training provides that opportunity.
Build Trust with Clients and Colleagues
Create Habits that Leave You Informed and Leave Others Understood
Know What to Say and Ask Throughout the Sales Process
Handle Worry and Distraction
Learn Strategies to Handle Emotional and Stressed Clients and Situations
Develop New Personal Leadership Skills
Great Leaders are Exceptional Listeners
Increase Performance and Sales
Save Time and Expense with Clear Communication
Build Morale with Clients and Team Members
Create a Respectful and Professional Atmosphere with Clients and Colleagues
Remove Sales and Growth Blocks
Discover What is in the Way of Opportunities
Shift Your Team's Culture by Learning Together
Train the Entire Team and Transform the Workflow
Stand Out from the Competition
While Everyone Else Keeps Talking, Be the Professional Ready to Listen
It was interesting to me to realize how many distractions we have without noticing when we are trying to listen. I have been trying to be more conscientious during meetings. I take a lot of notes in meetings, but I am trying to view how the person I am listening to perceives me in the process.Kat W.
I approached the meeting with the belief that the other participants had goals that were just as important as mine and ideas that were just as good as mine, and I tried to use my own skills to develop and promote their ideas and perspectives rather than my own. Listening here provides the opportunity to find the best ideas and come to the best decisions, even if they’re not the ones I would have supported from the outset. It requires a bit of ego-squashing, however, to truly believe that the best ideas in the room might be coming from someone else.Nate B.
This is valuable, and I expect to use the content at a meeting tonight.Anne N.
Great class Kai, you do cover lots of content in a short time. Thanks for being so organized.Jim A.
I’ve discovered that I’m rarely doing one thing at a time and therefore, nothing is getting my full attention. When I’m watching television, I’m also working a crossword puzzle. When I’m talking on the telephone, I’m also scanning an article, checking my email, Googling something, or playing Words With Friends. I honestly didn’t realize that I live one big distraction.Sue J.
Professional Development Options
Thank you for considering these options for delivering meaningful and practical training to you and/or your organization! Feel free to contact Kai directly with questions.
Prices exclude travel, lodging, and per diem, if those are required based on duration and location (i.e. if more than 50 miles from Harrisonburg, VA).
6-Week online training PLUS annual membership! Ideal for employees, community leaders, managers, sales people, owners - even politicians! Enhance listening and leadership skills.
Ideal for meeting, retreat, or conference plenary session, Kai will customize a training workshop to suit the group's goals. Focus on listening habits and/or meeting methods.
Ideal for an entire staff or department wanting a 4-week personalized, online team-building and learning experience that improves the team's communication effectiveness.
Four One-on-One Coaching Calls or Online Video Coaching Sessions per Month, Flexible Scheduling, 3-Month Minimum Recommended
Online Training Features
- Start Immediately with the Personal Training!
- Video Training Archives Available Anytime, Anywhere
- PDF Worksheets and Resources
- Practical Examples and Practice Opportunities
- Private Online Community
- Flexible Scheduling for Online Courses, Team Training, or Coaching!
- 4 One-on-One Coaching Calls or Online Chats per Month
- Online Portal with Video Training and Resources
- Customized Coaching and Emphasis on Personal Goals
- Focus on How to Apply Breakthrough Listening Concepts, Tools, and Templates
- PDF Downloads
- Flexible Scheduling
- 3-Month Minimum Recommended, Cancel Anytime
Team / Company Training
- Shift the team culture to Breakthrough Listening
- Send up to 100 employees and stakeholders through the course
- Everyone is enrolled in online course, PLUS four LIVE webinars to apply content to the business objectives
- Recordings available for all participants for one year
- Start as soon as 7-14 days from now!
- Choose Start Dates and Times for Live Webinars
Money Back Guarantee
For Coaching and Team Transformation Training, a full refund is available after the consultation call if client is not satisfied for any reason. No risk to apply and start the conversation!
Kai Degner has a range of experience that he brings to the curriculum! His experience in multiple sectors lets him integrate anecdotes and custom examples that fit many contexts and leadership applications.
Kai is focused on action and being useful - so the training is designed to be immediately useful so leaders and teams can see results from the first session.
- 8 Years Mayor / Council Member
in Harrisonburg, Virginia - the capital of the Shenandoah Valley
- 7 Yrs Real Estate Agent
- 4 Yrs Nonprofit Executive Director and 8 Yrs of Board Memberships
- 8 Yrs on Governmental Committees
- Facilitator and Moderator of over 300 events, conferences, meetings, and discussions
- 2016 Candidate for Congress in Virginia's 6th Congressional District
- Founder, The Listening Corps
- Creator, The Listening Café
- Author, The Breakthrough Listening Guide
I can't wait to start working together!
Thanks for listening.